Art & Culture
• When: May 10, 2014 @ 7:30pm
• Where: Canessa Gallery, 708 Montgomery
• Cost: $15. Register and pay using the Paypal link below.
The Digital Flash Art Show will feature photos made in a 24-hour period before the show. The guidelines for entries are as follows:
• Photos must be of North Beach/Telegraph Hill. Within that area, any subject is acceptable. No pictures of pictures will be allowed. All entries are subject to approval by the Art and Culture Committee.
• Photos must be taken between 4pm, Friday, May 9 and 4pm, Saturday, May 10. The photos must be received by 5pm Saturday, May 10.
• Each photographer can enter one(1) picture.
• The entry fee is $15 per photographer.
• By entering a photo, you are giving Telegraph Hill Dwellers permission to display the photo on their website and to publish the photo in the Semaphore. You will be given credit for the photo if published. You retain all other rights to the picture.
• At the completion of the show, the audience will vote for a “Best of Show” picture.
• Submitted photos must be equal to or less than 1920 pixels wide by 1080 pixels high in JPEG format. Note a vertical picture would be 1080 pixels high by 700 to 800 pixels wide when sized for the screen. ( DPI doesn’t matter.) A colorspace of sRGB (8-bit) is suggested for best results.
• Photos must be labeled with the photographer’s name, e.g., a submission would have the name “yourname.jpeg”.
• Photos can be emailed (preferred) to email@example.com with the subject line: DFA entry or delivered to Canessa Gallery, 708 Montgomery, on a Flash Drive between 4pm and 5pm on May 10. Be sure to mark your Flash Drive with your name.
• The entry fee of $15 must be paid before the show begins. See below for a link to pay using Paypal.
People not entering a picture in the show may attend the show subject to a space available. The cost is $15/person. There is a maximum of 35 people at Canessa. Entries will be accepted in the order they are received.
NEXT A&C MEETING:
Our next meeting will be on June 12 at 7pm. We meet at Canessa Gallery, 708 Montgomery.
Sign up for our email alerts at the email address on the right.
Good Times ~ Hard Times
An exhibition featuring images from around Telegraph Hill, North Beach and the Embarcadero. The exhibition includes San Francisco work of various media from the early 20th Century. March 8, 2014 through April 19. Thomas Reynolds Gallery at 2291 Pine Street More Info
North Beach First Friday
Check out First Fridays in North Beach.
North Beach art galleries invite neighbors and visitors to join them for an open house and extended hours on the “First Friday” of every month. Each gallery offers its own unique venue. Come enjoy refreshments, music, poetry and old fashioned North Beach hospitality!
All offer an eclectic mix of art in all disciplines, showcasing both established and emerging artists.